How does one simulate external trunk connections

I am having issues with an inbound trunk. I am not recieving any calls and dont see any obvious information in the cli stating that the trunk even tried to make the call.

Is there a tool out there that can simulate a inbound trunk call? I have 2 static ip’s and an external firewall that will be allowing traffic to the freepbx box. I believe i have the ports forwareded properly but need a way to verify. Google voice works just fine both ways but the sip trunk does not

It would be useful to have a little more info so we can assist you. What version of FreePBX and Asterisk? Distro or hand built. Who are you using for your trunk provider? How are the trunks configured? Have you verified with your trunk provider that they are sending you the calls? What have you tried so far?

FreePBX 2.11.0.41 asterisk 11.3.0 on centos 6.2. I am trying to use ipkall and have no idea if they set up their end properly or not. I never recieved the “test call” when i signed up and have tried several different config styles to get it running none of which worked. I have an external system that is forwarding all traffic on 5050 and 10000-20000 to the freepbx system I had also tried to have my modem send the traffic to freepbx neither worked.

as such I was hoping to find a utility so i could verify from my side if port forwarding and such were working properly and the pbx was as well.

Is 5050 a typo???

Extra ? because my post must be at least 20 characters long. LOL.

yup it was supposed to be 5060 or what ever was on shcmooz site saying you have to forward these ports…