Getting "vqplus module not licensed" message in console at boot

This is a fresh install from the downloaded ISO of the 64 bit version of 6.12.65-22. It’s installed on a VM. Asterisk 11.

When the system boots I get this error in the login field, as in it’s entered this message as my log in ID. I have to do a CTRL C to clear it and then I can log in. I went and disabled that module and rebooted again and got the same result. Then I went to uninstall the module entirely but I get an error, though it does seem to uninstall the module. Rebooting again yielded the same result.

Anyone know what’s going on? I spun up 8 machines from this ISO yesterday (to take advantage of the sale) and am hoping this is something easy to fix. In case it’s related, all I did was register the system and buy the paid endpoint module, and then shut down the VM.

You cab try to uninstall the module from CLI.

amportal a ma uninstall vqplus

no dice. uninstalling via the cli says the module is not installed. however a reboot of the system still brings up the unlicensed message on the console.

i eventually did an rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus and that got rid of the damned message.

Thanks bksales for this great hint!

The removing command rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus was the solution also for me at FreePBX 5.211.65-21. The vqplus module is not licensed message is gone, - finally! :smiley:

Important note, - it is strongly recommended to first try to uninstall vqplus trough Web-UI or CLI. (In my case, the uninstall of vqplus worked error-free, - but the damned license message never disappear.)

We’ve found several more modules that cause that message, even as recently as 6.12.65-24 (though that had been upgraded from the ISO mentioned in the original post). So as a rule we now go through and completely remove all the commercial modules that we’re not planning on using to avoid this.