FTP Backup not working in version 13

Freepbx 13, Asterisk 13, 10.13.66-6 When attempting to do a backup to an FTP server, receive the following errors:

Initializing Backup 2
Backup Lock acquired!
Running pre-backup hooks…
Adding items…
Bulding manifest…
Creating backup…
Storing backup…
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: ftp_chdir(): /Backup_2: No such file or directory in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php on line 388
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php:388
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. ftp_chdir() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php:388
  4. FreePBX\modules\Backup\Backup->store_backup() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/backup.php:144

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 Like

Hi!

Is this a new install or an upgrade?

If it is an upgrade, are you sure this module is from FreePBX 13 and at its latest version?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Nick,

It is an upgrade…but the module version says 13.0.16, and an update doesn’t produce anything newer.

I have had the same problem, but the fix was simple.

In version 12 a directory was created that matched the name of the backup as saved, in my case “FTP_Backup” and the backups are put in there.

In version 13 if you manually create the directory “FTP_Backup” to match the name you saved in the target directory the backup as it works fine.

1 Like

Sounds like this may be a bug. Did someone open a bug report at issues.FreePBX.org

That was the fix Paul, thank you! The backup program isn’t creating a target directory if one doesn’t exist.

1 Like

You will have to forgive me as I am new to Freepbx and this forum so I didn’t report a bug as I am not sure how I would do it.

Hi,

@tonyclewis, does the backup module uses CURL for FTP connection?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

I made a bug report on it this morning.

Paul, confirm here too, that I created the directory on my FTP server, and my backups work now too.

Posted about this issue on Sept 17th, Backup to FTP does not work but did not post a bug report.

Thanks to you and everyone else for finding this “fix”, and posting a bug report.