FreePBX super strange CID issue on internal calling

Greetings all. I run several FreePBX systems and this is the first time I have ever seen this. It only happens on one system so its not a widespread thing.

But if one extension calls another, the caller will see the wrong info for half a second before it shows the correct one. For example. Ext. 501 calls Ext. 502, 501 will see something that appears to be cached from a previous call like “Raising Canes” and then it will show 502’s info.

It seems to happen on almost all internal calls between any 2 extensions.

This is FreePBX v12 that was built from the official distro. Everything is as updated as possible even the phones which are all 525G’s.

Thank you in advance!

Just bumping this in hopes someone can lend me some wisdom. Thanks.

Hi!

Have you tried another SIP phone or maybe a software one like MicroSIP or Zoiper to see if you have the same problem?

Another solution would be to monitor the SIP communication with a “sip set debug on”…

Did you try one of these phones that see “ghosts” like these on another system to see if they could be to blame?

I think it would kind of help if you knew where to look at, the FreePBX side of things or the SIP phone side of things…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Thank you for the reply!

It is not the phones , or so it seems , because this will happen across multiple phones.

I have watched calls go through and went through the logs and could never see the incorrect info. However with that said I did not have debug on for sip.

I will give that a try because that was the first thing I could think of to determine whether it was a phone deal or FreePBX. I can say that we made sure the phone firmware was current on all the devices.

Thanks!

Hi!

The latest firmware could be buggy so I would not completely discard that the problem could be the phones… If there is a way to test with a different phone (either hardware or software) I would test to see if it has the same problem.

If you want to monitor one IP in particular, “sip set debug IP_ADDRESS”.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Thanks for your continued help.

We are on the same page I think, the whole deal should be to determine if it is the phone or the system. But in all honesty I personally do not think that SIP even works that way where caller info would be sent a second time. Well lets just say I have never seen that.

Just to be specific in my case I will use “sip set debug peer”. I will do some specific testing and very soon and report back.

Thanks again.