Freepbx owned by Schmooze com?

I am a little late here but I want to clarify something.

FreePBX the GUI ontop of asterisk is GPL and has been GPL from day one. Nobody can change that nor would we. Secondly just because something is GPL does not mean their is not copyright and trademark. FreePBX is a US Registered Trademark registration number 3365377 and has been for 6 or so years. Schmooze Com has been a sponsor and active in FreePBX for the past 4 plus years. Earlier this year we purchased the Trademark of FreePBX from Bandwidth.com and also the domains of freepbx.org and freepbx.com so yes that does entitle us have the Schmooze Name on the FreePBX website and product versus some random ABC Company.

Now we also have bills to pay and mouths to feed so we offer paid offerings from Support, Training and Certification to Commercial Modules. I do take a little offense to the statement we are plastering banners everywhere pushing our services. Please tell me where we do this? We do very little pushing of these things you will notice on the FreePBX website and most indepth Commercial offerings and information are directed into the Schmooze Com website to clearly draw a line between FreePBX OpenSource and the Paid Offerings.

Please help me understand what we are doing that concerns you. Most people we talk with are glad a company is finally behind FreePBX and that it helps make their customers feel more comfortable that their is a real company backing up their systems. Hence why we rolled out a Reseller/Certification Program.