FreePBX FaxPro Will Not Send New Fax

Because in another thread he says he can send fine.

Even smaller files are no longer working. Sorry, forgot to update that thread. I just tried to send a 170Kb file and received the same error. I was able to send faxes two days ago.

[2014-Dec-04 16:32:29] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/ucp/Faxpro.class.php:245) - Undefined index: coversheet
[2014-Dec-04 16:32:29] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/ucp/Faxpro.class.php:254) - Undefined index: destination
[2014-Dec-04 16:32:29] [PHP-NOTICE] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/ucp/Faxpro.class.php:254) - Undefined index: files
[2014-Dec-04 16:32:29] [PHP-WARNING] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/Faxpro.class.php:140) - Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[2014-Dec-04 16:32:29] [INFO] (enc/faxpro_background.php:51) - Critical Information Missing. Stopping

Ahhh, just for fun I want to take a stab at it, but does Bradbpw’s issue have something to do with one or more of the settings under: “Resource Limits” in the /etc/php.ini file? Those default settings occasionally crept up on me with problems and it always seemed to happen on Mondays.

Nevermind, didn’t refresh my browser in time.

Ah I see. There are two things going on here. There’s a bug in faxpro and there’s a bug in res_fax in asterisk 13. Tony and Preston have assumed this is related to the res_fax asterisk issue but it’s not. I can have a fix for this particular issue in an hour. However you may still be affected by the asterisk 13 issue as well (because it might be in asterisk 12. Have not checked yet)

Again this issue is unrelated to res_fax.

So as long as we stay on Asterisk 11 then we should be okay?

This has nothing to do with Asterisk…

Okay…I was just confused on why you stated: [quote=“tm1000, post:14, topic:25944”]
However you may still be affected by the asterisk 13 issue as well (because it might be in asterisk 12. Have not checked yet) [/quote] If our issue has nothing to do with Asterisk then why would you make that statement? I interpret that statement as we may still be affected by the Asterisk 13 issue (even though we are running Asterisk 11). As in, this issue may have carried over when we did the asterisk-version-switch, not to mention this whole ordeal supposedly has nothing to do with Asterisk (therein lies my confusion). Just really confused on why that statement was made if it doesn’t pertain to us or this issue.

I think he was referring to the bug in res_fax in Asterisk 13, which this issue is not about.

1 Like

Okay, not trying to pick on anybody I just want to make sure I understand completely. Thanks to everyone for the help and I look forward to the module fix.

No no. I didn’t think you were picking on anyone. Just trying to clarify as this thread got a little confusing for a while on both sides of the fence.

Anyways checkout 12.0.31 for this fix. Sorry about that. (for you coders out there it was the difference between “this” and “$this”)

Please note that UCP and it’s related modules are in rapid development and beta. This is why I encourage you to checkout the rollback feature in module admin if you need something to work because it’s mission critical as you can come here and tell us it’s broken and then just rollback so your user base is happy. Thats the whole reason I wrote rollback… because I knew UCP ish issues could/would be a nightmare.

Is there a wiki on the rollback? I don’t see that option in my module admin.

Using FreePBX 12.0.13

No worries, this is why I love this type of community because we are able to effectively collaborate on issues towards a resolution. I updated to Fax Configuration Professional 12.0.31 last night and everything seems to be working now. Regarding the rollback feature, I knew about this feature but for some reason it just didn’t “click” in my head so that’s my fault for not taking advantage of it. But, the best lessons in life are hardest learned so I’m sure it will “click” next time. Thank you!

Go to: Admin >> Module Admin, click “Check Online” and let the system finish updating, then click on a module and you will see a tab named: “Previous”. Click on that and you have your rollback options.

I think we need better documentation on it or an announcement or something as it’s a relatively new feature.

Yes, definitely! A Google search doesn’t really bring up any documentation about it (really just talk about it in this forum) and the FreePBX Wiki Module Admin: “Allow rollback of module releases…” just shows it being “Checked Off”. So yes, I agree there probably should be more documentation to publicize such a useful feature…it would probably relieve some of the burden off your shoulders as well when issues arise dealing with users running production systems bound by time constraints.

I stumbled across this thread while also having FaxPro issues. I am running Asterisk 13. Should I fallback to 12? or do we still need to go all the way back to 11?

Is there any ETA for a fix on 13?

Thanks

M

You need to use Asterisk 11. All commercial modules are not supported on 12 or 13 of Asterisk.

Tony,

I would seem it’s not supported on 11 either, Faxing setup for Freepbx

Can you or another freepbx guy chime in over there and help me figure this issue out that I’m having? Thanks,

–scott

I’m having issue faxing too…

using asterisk 13.13.1. should I get back to 11 ? Or an update will come later?