FreePBX and Fax for Asterisk.. Help

FreePBX 2.8.1.5, Asterisk 1.6.2, Centos 5 and uBUNTU SERVER 10.04.4

I’VE never been able to get Free FAX for Asterisk working using FreePBX modules.
By Googling I found a lot of desperated freePBX users that were not able to make FFA work.
The help from FreePBX support team is very bad indeed, only criptic answers given.

"I am talking about the FreePBX fax module. I assumed you had FFA installed correctly.

The you can make a “virtual” extension and set the fax options (just the email you want the fax send to).

It’s that simple.

The fax module is 2.8.05 and may be in the extended repo, not sure. The Schmooze dudes Wrote and Published it."

Tested, it doesn’t work!

Same for myself:

Using Asterisk 1.6.2, FreePBX 2.8.1.5, and Fax Module 2.8.0.5 Schmoozecom.com.
Fax for Asterisk installed and tested OK.
Calling an extension set up with Fax=Enabled and an email address, just gives a Congestion tone as soon as it answers

Pilovis… you just posted on a two year old thread, discussing a two year old version of FreePBX, and stated that “The help from FreePBX support team is very bad indeed, only criptic answers given.”

I’m not certain I saw a question in any of your post?

Please provide us with a valid question and the community would be happy to provide an answer if one is available. You will find you will get better response by not trashing the people that freely give you support on the Forums.

Also development continues on the project you may want to consider upgrading to a newer version.

Loaded the fax app and ran. Followed everything and setup incoming dedicated line. Works but Avantfax shows all 4 virtual Modems as a Please Wait state. Never answers. Dedicated like just rings. Same with if you send to HaylaFax extension and call in… it answers, but no data sent on fax incoming line. Love a little insight what I am doing wrong. Line 2 or 3 free outgoings and only need 1 free incoming line. If free then it can mix and match in a fax dial pool. Ideas and suggestions open. Want online faxing for users and simple incoming faxing for callers.