FreePBX 13 Release Candidate

Originally published at: https://www.freepbx.org/freepbx-13-release-candidate/
We are happy to announce FreePBX 13 has reached the next milestone. We would like to thank everyone in the FreePBX community that has provided valuable feedback and testing. On Wednesday FreePBX 13 reached the release candidate stage. A release candidate is a beta version with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. At this stage in the FreePBX development life cycle all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bugs. Though there may still be some minor snags and hiccups we are confident in the stability of FreePBX 13 for general consumption.

This is one of the largest releases in the project’s history and could not be possible without the FreePBX community which includes community testers, community developers, and Sangoma developers all working together. This release has touched almost every piece of FreePBX. Along with the visual changes we have put a huge focus on localization and making FreePBX a truly global project. FreePBX 13 now has multi-language sound support, not only in the GUI but in sound files as well. System Recordings now supports the ability to have recordings in multiple languages. System Recordings has been rewritten to support bulk uploads, multiple formats and in browser recordings. Along the way we remove quicktime playback of sound files and added in full HTML5 audio. Over time we will need you, the community, to help us flush out and refine this new feature base.

Along the way we have had to depreciate some items in FreePBX. Namely we depreciated the Camp-On module. There were many reasons for this but firstly many people didn’t know what they were installing and therefore never needed it. When the module was installed it would generate hints for every extension on the system. We decided to depreciate it because of lack of usage and also in an attempt to make reload times faster. This work, along with the work done on turning all hints into dynamic hints and the work by Digium to make Asterisk 13 faster has significantly improved reload times. Sometimes speeding them up as much as 50%! Remember that depreciation doesn’t mean it’s being deleted and we didn’t take this lightly. When modules are fully removed from FreePBX they will find their way into our contributed modules repository along with many other modules. The community at large is welcome to take any of them over and we will gladly provide support to anyone wishing to contribute.

Furthermore we are now requiring registration to use our basic free features of the System Administration module. This module is not a requirement to use a FreePBX system. It is, and always has been, a requirement to use commercial modules. If you wanted to use a commercial module in the past you’d already have had to register your system so this should not be a major change for many of you.

For more information on what is new please see individual change logs in module admin. A summary of changes can be seen in the change log for FreePBX 13.

Get FreePBX 13 RC1 today by one of the following methods:

Upgrade with the Version upgrade utility

With the FreePBX Distro [Update][Download]

Manually Install

Please provide feedback in the community forums

Report any bugs to our issue tracker

Come join us at FreePBX World 2015

Thank you for using FreePBX

1 Like

hello:
I installed with Fedora release 22 and freepbx-13, when I run /install -n, I got the errors:
[root@localhost freepbx]# ./install -n
Assuming you are Database Root
Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…Error!
Unable to read /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf or it was missing a directories section
[root@localhost freepbx]#
but my SElnux is [root@localhost freepbx]# ./install -n
Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…Error!
Unable to read /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf or it was missing a directories section
but ryn sestatus and it is disabled and asterisk.conf files are there.
[root@localhost freepbx]# sestatus
SELinux status: disabled
[root@localhost freepbx]#
any idea for this problem?

it seems you may not have asterisk installed.

Fresh install from the ISO. Going to ModuleAdmin then trying to turn on EXTENDED modules (also tried UNSUPPORTED modules) takes me to an error. Chrome/Mac v45. Some sort of exception with the error:
fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given

Update the digium phones module

Always the master - That did it. Thx. :smile:

Voicemail Admin Module - under Dialplan Settings. I can’t make any changes to that settings pane. I can change it (like to add an operator extension), but then when I try to save, it gets hung up on ERROR RETRIES - it highlights it in RED as if the value is bad, but it’s the default value (I tried increasing that value as well - no change).

Also - in Featurecode Admin, trying to customize my codes seems to do the same thing. When I activate CUSTOMIZE for a given field, it does a similar thing by highlighting it with a red caution icon (no code conflicts, just doesn’t allow saving of a custom entry).

Please file a bug report for the above issues at http://issues.freepbx.org

Creates a bug for the first issue so I could commit a fix

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-10223

Sorry, I’m new to the bug reporting thing. I’ll use that form. Thx.

Will the manual install on Ubuntu 14.04 support commercial modules eventually?

We have nothing on the roadmap for this at this time. Only CentOS is supported.

hello:
I reinstalled everything, but it shows such errors:

installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/bin..error copying files:
'cp -rf' from src: '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf/bin/*' to dst: '/var/lib/asterisk/bin'...details follow
cp: cannot stat '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf/bin/*': No such file or directory
done, see errors below
installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin..error copying files:
'cp -rf' from src: '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf/agi-bin/*' to dst: '/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin'...details follow
cp: cannot stat '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf/agi-bin/*': No such file or directory
done, see errors below
PHP Warning:  Uncaught exception 'Whoops\Exception\ErrorException' with message 'require_once(/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/installlib/installer.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php:125
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php(125): Whoops\Run->handleError(2, 'require_once(/v...', '/var/www/html/a...', 125, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php(125): require_once()
#2 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(2363): include_once('/var/www/html/a...')
#3 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(2315): module_functions->_doinclude('/var/www/html/a...', 'framework')
#4 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(1878): module_functions->_runscripts('framework', 'install', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Console/Moduleadmin.class.php(196): module_functions->install('framework', true)
#6 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Console/Moduleadmin.class.php(86 in /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php on line 125
PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/installlib/installer.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php on line 125
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/installlib/installer.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php on line 125
Stack trace:
  1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install.php:125
Done
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I copy the installlib files into to the required dir and can installed without problem. this is the final steps:

[root@localhost freepbx]# ./install -n
Checking if SELinux is enabled...Its not (good)!
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf...Done
Checking if Asterisk is running and we can talk to it as the 'asterisk' user...Done!
Preliminary checks done. Starting FreePBX Installation
Checking if this is a new install...No (/etc/amportal.conf file detected)
Initializing FreePBX Settings
Finished initalizing settings
Copying files (this may take a bit)....
  900/5415 [====>-----------------------]  16%/var/www/html/admin/i18n/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/bg_BG/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/bg_BG/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/he_IL/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/he_IL/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/hu_HU/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/hu_HU/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/amp.pot has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/amp.po has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/amp.mo has been changed from the original version.
 1000/5415 [=====>----------------------]  18%/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/module_admin.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/search.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/pbxlib.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/script.legacy.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/modernizr.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/js/jquery-ui-1.11.4.custom.min.js has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/less/freepbx/freepbx.less has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/less/freepbx/chosen.less has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/less/freepbx/jqueryui-overrides.less has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/less/freepbx/menu.less has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/assets/less/freepbx/buttons.less has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php has been changed from the original version.
/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php has been changed from the original version.
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf has been changed from the original version.
/etc/asterisk/modules.conf has been changed from the original version.
/etc/asterisk/cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf has been changed from the original version.
 5415/5415 [============================] 100%
Done
Finishing up directory processes...Done!
Creating missing #include files...Done
Running variable replacement...Done
Setting up Asterisk Manager Connection...Done
Running through upgrades...
Checking for upgrades..
No further upgrades necessary
Finished upgrades
Setting FreePBX version to 13.0.1RC1.3...Done
Writing out /etc/amportal.conf...Done
Setting Permissions...
 8711/8711 [============================] 100%
Finished setting permissions
Installing all modules...Checking if field did is present in cdr table..
did field already present.
Checking if field recordingfile is present in cdr table..
recordingfile field already present.
Checking if field cnum is present in cdr table..
cnum field already present.
Checking if field cnam is present in cdr table..
cnam field already present.
Checking if field outbound_cnum is present in cdr table..
outbound_cnum field already present.
Checking if field outbound_cnam is present in cdr table..
outbound_cnam field already present.
Checking if field dst_cnam is present in cdr table..
dst_cnam field already present.
Generating CSS...Done
Module cdr successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module music successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module infoservices successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Checking if directdids need migrating..already done
updating zap callgroup, pickupgroup..not needed
checking for delay_answer field ..already exists
checking for reversal field ..already exists
checking for pricid field ..already exists
Checking if trunk table migration required..not needed
Checking if privacy manager options exists..already exists
Checking for noanswer_cid field..already exists
Checking for busy_cid field..already exists
Checking for chanunavail_cid field..already exists
Checking for noanswer_dest field..already exists
Checking for busy_dest field..already exists
Checking for chanunavail_dest field..already exists
Unable to add index to extensions field in users
Checking for General Setting migrations..not needed
Deleting unused globals..done
Converting IAX notransfer to transfer if needed..updated 0000 records
deleting obsoleted record_in and record_out entries..ok
checking for dest field in outbound_routes..already exists
checking for continue field in trunks..already exists
upgrading any zap trunks to dahdi if foundok
Generating CSS...Done
Module core successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module featurecodeadmin successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Refreshing all UCP Assets, this could take a while...
Generating Module Scripts...Done
Generating Module CSS...Done
Generating Main Scripts...Done
Generating Main CSS...Done
Done!
Generating CSS...Done
Module ucp successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module logfiles successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Checking for General Setting migrations..not needed
checking if Voicemail Admin (vmailadmin) is installed..not installed, ok
Generating CSS...Done
Module voicemail successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Creating cel if needed..OK
checking for extra field..already exists
checking for userfield field..already deleted
Generating CSS...Done
Module cel successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module customappsreg successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module dashboard successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
checking for sipsettings table..already exists
Migrate rtp.conf values if needed and initialize
Generating CSS...Done
Module sipsettings successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module callrecording successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module userman successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Done installing modules
Installing framework...
installing files to /var/www/html..done
installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/bin..done
installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin..done
Checking for upgrades..
No further upgrades necessary
framework file install done, removing packages from module
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/start_asterisk removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/installlib removed successfully
Generating CSS...Done
Module framework successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Done
Generating default configurations...
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt..OK
Skipping extension and destination registry checks
Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.
Finished generating default configurations
Trusting FreePBX...Trusted
Setting Permissions...
 8200/8200 [============================] 100%
Finished setting permissions
You have successfully installed FreePBX
[root@localhost freepbx]# reboot

--------------------after installed everything, but i still can not access the GUI from broswer/empty------------  
it looks ok from asterisk -r command, but GUI dead:
[root@localhost admin]#  systemctl status -l freepbx.service
â—Ź freepbx.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)
[root@localhost admin]#  systemctl start  -l freepbx.service
Failed to start freepbx.service: Unit freepbx.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
[root@localhost admin]# /usr/sbin/fwconsole restart
Running FreePBX shutdown...

Checking Asterisk Status...
Run Pre-Asterisk Shutdown Hooks

Shutting down Asterisk Gracefully...
Press C to Cancel
Press N to shut down NOW
Stopping Asterisk...
 120/120 [============================] 100%
Asterisk Stopped Successfuly

Running Post-Asterisk Stop Scripts
Running FreePBX startup...

Checking Asterisk Status...
Run Pre-Asterisk Hooks

Starting Asterisk...
 100/100 [============================] 100%
Asterisk Started on  3835

Running Post-Asterisk Scripts
[root@localhost admin]# ps
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 1646 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 3833 pts/0    00:00:00 safe_asterisk
 4342 pts/0    00:00:00 ps
[root@localhost admin]# asterisk -r
Asterisk 13.5.0, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2014, Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <[email protected]>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 13.5.0 currently running on localhost (pid = 3835)
localhost*CLI>
-------------------------------------------------------------

Please don’t paste full logs on here. There is no way we can make out whatever you are trying to tell us between all of the noise you just posted

It really seems like you aren’t following documentation listed on our wiki for manual installs as “installlib” is only removed after framework is finished installing, the fact you had to drag it back leads me to believe you are trying to reinstall an already installed system which is very bad. Additionally it looks like you ran “install.php” instead of “install” (maybe? perhaps? I am not sure). The biggest glaring issue is that libinstall was removed after install which wouldn’t happen if you are following our wiki install guides. (Its removed from the web path NOT the install path)

Additionally your first error is even more baffling as you had an asterisk.conf file but it was missing vital run directories. Seems like you were trying to install freepbx on a machine that already had freepbx installed.

Are you not using the FreePBX distro? If you are doing this manually please start over and follow our documentation: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/HTGS/Version+13.0+Installation

Here is an example asterisk.conf file for you to review (note that yours is missing the [directories] section):

[root@freepbxdev1 ~]# cat /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
[directories]
astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

[options]
transmit_silence_during_record = yes
languageprefix=yes
execincludes=yes

I will report to issues

I noticed on the manual install page the none of the Linux distributions support commercial modules? Including Centos.

So can they be loaded and used, just no support is offered? Or they just won’t load/install?

That is because we wrote the install guide with CentOS 7 in mind. Commercial modules don’t support 7.

You could follow a 12 manual install then follow the commercial part and just upgrade through the GUI