FreePBX 13 Distro Okay on KVM/Proxmox?

Running Asterisk 13.17.0 and FreePBX 13.0.192.16
Running on Proxmox 4.4 host, and guest is using defaults, and installed VM using FreePBX 13 distro ISO.

We are having all kinds of issues, but what they boil down to are segfaults that crash asterisk.

I have posted several times about this and have gotten little to know where:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27321

We have tried on multiple physical hosts, different VM settings (memory ballooning enable/disable, different HDD drivers, different NIC drivers, etc.).

What we see are errors like the following:

[2017-09-28 02:05:18] ERROR[7061] astobj2.c: FRACK!, Failed assertion bad magic number 0x0 for object 0x3e7c690 (0)

and

[2017-08-20 10:34:38] ERROR[30555] chan_sip.c: Serious Network Trouble; __sip_xmit returns error for pkt data

I’ve read a few places that for KVM, asterisk may need to be compiled sepereately. However, I’ve also seen a bunch of posts about people use KVM with asterisk (maybe not FreePBX distro specifically) with absolutely no problems.

MAIN QUESTION: Is it okay to run the FreePBX 13 distro as is on proxmox/KVM?

If so, is there a specific CPU “type” we should set the VM to use?

Have you now managed to run FreePBX successfully on Proxmox?

Yes. In short, don’t use the “kvm64” default processor type.

That said, in our config, using TCP with a non-standard port, we’ve had lots of issues with chan_sip. So, we may switch to pjsip (testing), or to UDP, though we’d really prefer not to.

I have been running remote extensions over VPN using TCP, but found the call quality terrible, switched to UDP and the problems went away (chansip).