FPBX13 RC, G722 and 1-way audio - even to voicemail

Hi!

What do they all have in common?

• G722: All of them… Actually nobody reported the same problem with another codec which was not a misconfiguration of some kind, right? Why don’t we see this problem elsewhere? Does the use of G722 require transcoding which would not be necessary with another codec and could this be causing problems? Everyone having this problem can fix it by switching to another codec so if their servers were misconfigured in some way, shouldn’t it affect more than one codec?

As for the rest of the things that were mentioned in this thread, for some people we don’t know if they were using it or not.

PJSIP: kistiandg, Bullfrog.
Asterisk 13: kistiandg, Bullfrog, Starlifter. (It would be verrrrrrry nice to know what the others are using…)
FreePBX 12: Bullfrog.
FreePBX 13: kistiandg, mbello, Bullfrog, Starlifter, czworks
Grandstream: kistiandg, Starlifter.
Linksys/Cisco: kistiandg.
Yealink: Bullfrog, Starlifter, czworks.
CPU Architecture: no information at this time
NAT: no information at this time

A few things that stands out:

• kistiandg didn’t have this problem with the same phone(s) but with another server. That server was running FreePBX 12 and Asterisk 13 though maybe that version of Asterisk 13 wasn’t as recent as the one we are now using…
  • Bullfrog has a workaround here: FPBX13 RC, G722 and 1-way audio - even to voicemail , did anyone with the problem tried it to see if it fixes the problem for them?
  • Starlifter has the problem with Yealink T38G, Grandstream GXV3175v2, Siemens Gigaset VoIP DECT but his Aastra 6755i is OK… If it was a misconfiguration on her/his part shouldn’t it fail with all of the phones?
  • czworks only has this problem when he wants to use British English. I am the one who pointed out to her/him that it sounded like it could be this problem but what does switching language have anything to do with this problem???
  • lgaetz had the same problem but it disappeared after a restart and did not come back… Was it actually the same problem or did it only have the same symptoms and why did a restart fixed it??? Was it a lack of resources or some kind of memory corruption?

The problem is most likely with the phones or with Asterisk so the FreePBX version surely has no impact… However if Bullfrog workaround works then maybe there could be some way to, at least temporarily, try to do it at the FreePBX level maybe?

Unless someone can explain to me why so many different brands are affected like them using the same codec libraries or some sort of hardware implementation of G722 or something similar my bet is on Asterisk being at cause here…

By the way I see that mbello mentioned this problem on Yealink’s forum, maybe those of you with Yealink could add their voice to his there: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8330

Good luck everyone with this problem and have a nice day!

Nick