*Closed* [FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

So This is my third installation of FreePBX and I’m not the best at this but this is the first major problem I’ve came across using FreePBX. I was wondering if someone can walk me through on how to fix this problem. Also it says my Asterisk Error. Some background information Is that I’m an intern for a company so I’m learning a lot on the job and that I’m a full time student so my knowledge isn’t that vast on stuff.

Did you install a FreePBX Distro or did you build the system from scratch by installing your own OS, Asterisk and FreePBX GUI? What versions are you using?

freepbx piaf
FreePBX 2.11.0.38
Asterisk 1.8.22.0 built by root @ pbx.local on a i686 running Linux on 2013-07-25 14:46:07 UTC
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under PROXMOX
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.38 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.22.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = UNKNOWN │
│ Dahdi Source Version = N/A * │
│ Libpri Source Version = UNKNOWN │
│ IP Address = on eth1 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-042stab076.7 - 32 Bit

The asterisk manager password in FreePBX must match the one in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

One personal opinion, as an intern you should learn how to research and find answers. It is a much better strategy than begging for intellectual charity with pity on a forum. It will also vastly increase your value to employers.

@SkykingOH

I already did the research and went through and checked the password that is why I went to the forums where people are supposed to help others in need. Also, I checked the passwords in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and they match on how I created it.

Is your mysql server running?