Error when attempting to update modules - fpbx13 & freebsd 11

Hi!

Advanced Settings > System Setup > System Web User I believe…

From what he quoted it looks like the problem is that is actually does but can’t properly look it up???

I wonder if there might not be a stray space in there or something similar and it’s actually trying to look up "www " instead of “www”… Maybe the other code that uses this setting is more tolerant to something like this (WriteConfig appears to be something new)…

@iansouth12, could you post a screen capture and maybe delete and retype the user in
Advanced Settings > System Setup > System Web User?

Good luck and have a nice day!

the autocorrect is getting me here.

the user exists in /etc/passwd. Has been there a long time. The settings in /etc/amportal.conf has existed there a long time. Always been working. I do not see anything in the FreePBX advanced settings that look wrong (or obviously wrong). Again the settings in the flat files have been working for a few years now under 11 and 12. And the amportal.conf seems right. Has www defined.

The devices menu problem cleared up I think - but the module admin update problem did not. Still have the BMO errors.

Just for the record - I did retype the user name and submit as requested - that’s odd that that worked.

This is a message from your system. PHP is asking “what is the uid for www” and the system is responding “I dunno”

I meant a screen capture of the error…

Maybe there’s something we are missing in it…

Line 177 in WriteConfig.class.php is

chown($filename, $ampowner);

(ie the chown)

here…

Did you change anything security-wise recently? (users, groups, etc…)

Nick

I made sure everything had the right ownerships/perms under /usr/local/etc/www/apache24/data/freepbx - and /usr/local/etc/asterisk - I checked a thing or two in /usr/local/sbin which ended up being symlinks to stuff in /usr/local/etc/asterisk and those perms looked ok. Unless I’m missing something (I’m sure I am)

Thats a stack trace. The stack trace has 13 traces. You’ve decided to only show us 3 of those.

Please take a screen capture of this and post it here…

Nick

Safari decided I cannot make the window bigger.

Ok firefox this time…

Apache is not chrooted, right?

It is not

bio… beer… buuuuuuuuurp! :smiley:

Hi!

Do you have the /etc/pwd.db and /etc/spwd.db files mentioned in that thread

?

That’s apparently a BSD thing and I wonder if you might have similar problem (the files were no longer in sync) to what that person had and if the fix might be the same…

Nick

That’s a good thought - but I vipw’ed the www entry:

root@sandbox:/etc # ls -l pwd.db spwd.db
-rw-r–r-- 1 root wheel 40960 Mar 10 17:42 pwd.db
-rw------- 1 root wheel 40960 Mar 10 17:42 spwd.db

Looks like they should be in sync at first glance.

Just for grins and while we are scratching our heads I might rebuild all the PHP stuff like I had to do for 12 - just to rule that out

No luck there - same error.

Hi!

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68861 ?

Does it apply for you?

Nick

Ok, I managed to fix it. Here’s the general scoop. The URL above was very informative being that I had an apache server (which I though I had selected the threaded options) that was not threaded and a mod_php56 which indeed had threads/ZTS set. The only variable I am not completely sure about is the patch in the URL - I added it to the ports patch set (with a small path tweak) and it seems to be applied - but I’m not convinced it fixes or helps because I still had the error until I rebuilt mod_php56 without ZTS support.

And once I had the right options set I made sure to rebuild all php related stuff thus:

portupgrade -r -f lang/php56

I always do this BTW if there is a php update in the ports tree (for those interested).

I tried to use php70 also - but that caused more problems with other stuff and I ended up reverting back to php56. $.02

Thanks,

Ian

Hi!

LOL, I just realized that when I said apply earlier it might have sounded like if I was talking about the patch…

I was not, I was talking about the situation… :wink:

I suggest you take a look at this thread:

Essentially, for now, you are way better with PHP 5.6…

You are welcome… I am glad we could figure it out…

Have a nice day!

Nick