DTMF Processed when on Hold

Hi Guys

I have an issue where when I place a call on hold, the party on hold is able to enter * codes, such as *2 and is able to transfer there call to another extension.

I assume I have overlooked something here, as besides IVRs etc, I would have thought that all DTMF from remote parties should be ignored?

Thanks

Just to add to this - this ONLY applies when an external callers, calls in - so if I call from my Mobile, to an extension on the FreePBX, I can then dial *2 from my mobile and transfer my call to another extension.

If I place the call from a FreePBX extension to my mobile, and dial *2 from my mobile, nothing happens - this is how expect everything to work.

Any ideas

Thanks

Exploring this further today, it would appear this is no only while the call is on hold - but can also be triggered while you are talking to the other person.

So as above, when I call in from my mobile to a FreePBX extension number and once connected I am able to FreePBX extension, a call is in progress, on the mobile I can dial *2, and a valid extension number, and my call is transferred to that extension… which I dont believe I should be able to do.

Thanks

That’s defined in Advanced Settings. It’s, by default, set to ‘Ttr’, which allows both the caller and callee to use inband transfer. You probably want to remove the upper case T.

t: Allow the called party to transfer the calling party by sending
the DTMF sequence defined in "features.conf". This setting does not perform
policy enforcement on transfers initiated by other methods.

T: Allow the calling party to transfer the called party by sending
the DTMF sequence defined in "features.conf". This setting does not perform
policy enforcement on transfers initiated by other methods.

r([tone]): Default: Indicate ringing to the calling party, even if
the called party isn't actually ringing. Pass no audio to the calling
party until the called channel has answered.
    tone - Indicate progress to calling party. Send audio 'tone'
    from the indications.conf tonezone currently in use.

Thanks Rob, in my case I have the following setup

Advanced Settings

Trunk Settings

I have tried making Asterisk Outbound Trunk Dial Options to be t only… If I make Asterisk Dial Options also t, it prevents the internal phones from also being able to transfer a call, which isnt ideal.

Is there no way to prevent such features on the trunk only?

Thanks

I’m sorry, I can’t view that image. If you’re using chrome, I highly recommend this Imgur plugin, which makes it super easy to take screenshots: