Directly Call Number with Extension

Hello,
Is it possible to directly call someone with the Ext. included?

So for example my number would be 1 800 5000. And My ext is 212.
So is it possible that someone from outside calls 1 800 5000 212 to get directly to me?
Or do I need to setup a IVR with “Call Direct Ext”?

I believe it is not possible since I only own numbers from 1 800 5000 0 - 1 800 5000 10 to do that but I would be happy if someone could clarify that. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!

You need to own the numbers in order to do that, you can’t hijack someone else’s numbers…

That said, if you own the number it’s very easy to do…

Have a nice day!

Nick

You can do it for specific caller ids.
If you want a caller with a outside number xxx calls your outside number, your ext. rings.

in inbound route fill the “CallerID Number” with a “outside number xxx” and “Set Destination” with your ext.

when a “outside number xxx” calls your outside number, your ext. rings directly.

in inbound routes, you can set call ids as many as you want

In which format do I need to make this for the inbound route?
I tried adding my external number to the caller id and make it forward to my extension.
However it does not seem to be working, I always get onto our IVR.

I have a German Call number, how do I need to format that?
I tried directly: 09131xxxxx
Then I did: 499131xxxx
And I tried 00499131xxx all not working :confused:

Or do I also need to fill in the DID?

And putting them as DID number in the Inbound Route seems to be not working, too.

add a new inbound route;

fill the other blanks as normal, then,
set the destination, as your ext.

and as a result, if a caller lets say number “a”, calls your number lets say “b” it goes to your ext. directly.

you can add more inbound routes for every different caller number one at a time, that you want to call you directly.

the important thing is;
fill the did and the cid number as you see in the cdr; “exact format”

if you see; 0049… fill it like that

That does not work properly.
While calling 09131xxxx1 I still get on my IVR but not to my ext.

Here is my CDR Information:

I can not see your cdr details as it is too small.

Did number and the Cid number must be real numbers; you will write the exact number.
DO NOT add any more numbers or extensions at the end of your cid or did number.

you can check like this:
in inbound routes write your did number (assigned by your operator) in “Did Number” Section; and write your cell number (as seen in cdr) in “CallerID Number” Section set destination as your extension, submit, apply changes. And call your Did number with your cell phone; your extension must ring, directly.
if NOT;

Can you simulate and then send me the asterisk log file, please.

Hello,
which log file exactly do you need?

Seems to be working at the moment - don’t ask me why but using 499… was doing the job, however it is not doing it for the “main” number… But I have both now working, so i will do some more testing on this.
Thanks for the help anyway :)!
Cheers