Digium D50 program button to park call

I have been testing out a Digium D50 with the Freepbx distro and I think I have everything working the way I need except for easily parking a call. I would like to program a key to park a call so my users don’t have to hit Transfer > dial extension 70 > hit dial softkey > wait for parking slot announcement > then hit transfer softkey. If they could just hit a button that does it all for them that would be great. On the Yealink and Grandstream phone I was testing I could program a key to be ##70#, but I can’t seem to get it working with this Digium phone. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know. Thank you.

If you want to send in-call DTMF up to Asterisk from a key, take a look at the example here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Smart+BLF#SmartBLF-CallPickup

…noting the Contacts XML and the BLF Items XML, particularly the send_dtmf press_function

Cheers

Thanks for the info @malcolmd but I just don’t understand how to implement any of this in freepbx. Do I need to manually create xml files? Is it not possible to setup using EPM like I could with the other phones mentioned?

I don’t have a good grasp of what EPM does, sorry. I don’t know what it allows you to do in terms of manipulation of the Contacts and/or BLF items files.

If anyone has any idea on this that would help me out a lot. The freepbx apps on this phone work great and its exactly what I’m looking for. I just need a one button park for my users.