Digium 1TE133F no long appears after updating to 5.211.65-6

I update to 5.211.65-6 this am to help resolve an issue with a Digium A8B card issue. The A8B card now appears, but my Digium TE133 is not.

Running lspci I can see both of my cards:

0a:00.0 Network controller: Digium, Inc. Wildcard TE133 single-span T1/E1/J1 card (PCI Express) (rev 01)
0e:00.0 Network controller: Digium, Inc. Device 800d (rev 01).

In DAHDI Config I can now configure my 8 FXS ports, but no longer see the PRI card.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Nothing new to add, but, “me too”. Updated to 65-6 then 65-7 tonight, and my TE134 has disappeared. Since this is my only trunk, I have no calls coming in or going out.

I was able to resolve this issue once I looked in “dmesg | grep dahdi” and saw a message complaining about older firmware. The upgraded DAHDI is apparently looking for the latest firmware from December.

To fix the issue, I downloaded the version 780017 firmware for my card from http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/firmware/releases/. Since you’ve got a TE133, the file you need is dahdi-fw-te133-780017.tar.gz.

I found the firmware file in two places on my system, and didn’t know which was being used, so I replaced both, in /lib/firmware and in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. I just renamed the existing dahdi-fw-te134.bin to .old, and extracted the one from the tarball into its place. Reboot, and everything works fine.

I had to start from scratch in the DAHDI Config module, but that’s because I cleared out the config troubleshooting it. If you haven’t already borked your DAHDI configuration, you should be able to just drop in the new file and run.

Hope that helps.

Corey

Thanks Corey!

You saved me hours of work & research.

Let me know if I can send you something; Amazon wish list, Beer, etc. Your steps worked perfect.

Thanks again!

Well would be nice to know new firmwares are being released as they are not part of DAHDI direct. I went ahead and built new firmware files and pushing RPMs now.

I’m applying 5.211.65-8 right now, and see that the firmware files are included in that update. Thanks for the fix, Tony.

No problem. Its hard to keep up with things like firmware when its a closed source package not included with DAHDI so we have to make sure we look for firmware every time we update DAHDI now as the new Digium cards firmware has to be installed separate and this was not the case with their older cards. No big deal just have to add it to our processes.