Dahdi module places FXS ports in chan_dahdi_groups.conf?

I recently updated our FreePBX distro from 10.13.66-16 to 10.13.66-17, and we lost our dahdi channels. We have an Astribank with 2 FXS ports and 6 FXO, plus a HWEC.

I looked and noticed that the upgrade had moved our /etc/system/dahdi.conf to a .rpmsave file. I executed ‘mv /etc/dahdi/system.conf.rpmsave /etc/dahdi/system.conf’ and executed fwconsole restart. After that, lsdahdi and dahdi_cfg -vvv both showed all of the channels, but asterisk had nothing. I opened the “Dahdi Config” module, edited the settings (clicked edit, but changed nothing), clicked apply, and then restarted dahdi and asterisk.

This did no good. I manually restarted everything using fwconsole restart again, for good measure, and no luck. I then spoke with Xorcom support, and we walked through the configuration files. /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf has settings for the two extensions, as I would expect, and /etc/chan_dahdi_groups.conf has lines to configure the 6 FXO ports, again as expected. What was unusual was that there are lines in /etc/chan_dahdi_groups.conf that are for the FXS ports, specifically:

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>1

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>2

I tried executing “dahdi restart” from the asterisk CLI and got nothing. I then removed those 8 lines from /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_groups.conf and executed “dahdi restart” again, and this time I got all of my channels back. I then re-edited the module settings and clicked the Red bar to reload, and the file was re-written with those 8 lines. Running “dahdi restart” again this time left the channels there, but I got these errors:

[2017-01-06 14:59:46] WARNING[19974]: chan_dahdi.c:12467 mkintf: Attempt to configure channel 1 with signaling FXO Kewlstart ignored because it is already configured to be FXO Kewlstart.
[2017-01-06 14:59:46] WARNING[19974]: chan_dahdi.c:12467 mkintf: Attempt to configure channel 2 with signaling FXO Kewlstart ignored because it is already configured to be FXO Kewlstart.

I have no idea if this is expected behavior, but I’m pretty certain that those extra 8 lines should not be in /etc/chan_dahdi_groups.conf, so I thought I would ask here to see if that should be so.

Many thanks,

Tom

Anyone?

Does nobody here have any experience with Dahdi and the Dahdi Config module?

If the module is writing out an incorrect config, I’d like to confirm so I can open a bug report.

Tom

This must be an issue. We had a problem with this again today, and it makes no sense why this should be happening. Can someone please point out if we are doing something stupid?