Create extensions remotely

I’m starting a project to remotely manage users on a FreePBX system (hopefully). I need to be able to run code from a web server to add/edit/delete users on a remote pbx. Is this even possible? If so, where do I start? I have experience with JS and PHP. Thanks.

I manage several servers remotely, and I’d like to recommend against this. The FreePBX UI is my primary reason for choosing it, and with the new integrated firewall features, setting up a system (even a remote one) is fundamentally trivial from a remote location already.

Now, if you are dead-set that a new web interface is the way you want to go, you are going to have to get very familiar with the various APIs associated with FreePBX and Asterisk. Once you’re looked at those APIs, it will become reasonably straightforward.

That’s the thing. I can’t seem to find any documentation for FreePBX’s API (if there is one). I’ve seen articles regarding AMI and AJAM, but I’m nervous about using those since FreePBX adds another management layer.

The reason we’re building this is to essentially lock down the interface for our office girls to build a system. We know what most of the settings will be for each site, so we’d like to set those variables, then have the office girls add names and extension numbers for users and submit them to the system. This will build the system without us having to get involved (we have hundreds of sites we’re deploying with minimal staff).

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AGI would be a good place to start, although I don’t remember if there are User Add/Delete actions covered in the AGI system. I’m sure one of the professionals (James?) will chime in here shortly.

If you’re running 13, thread may be of interest: