Consistent Asterisk/FreePBX Crash Issue

Thanks!

So we have iSymphony on some of our servers. I get this error when trying the yum update. Doesn’t look like the asterisk update happens as a result. Any help appreciated.

Transaction Check Error:
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/conf/main.xml from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/config.sh from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/iSymphonyServer.jar from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/install.sh from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/modules/asterisk/module.xml from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/modules/chat/module.xml from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch
  file /opt/isymphony3/server/modules/contact/module.xml from install of iSymphonyServerV3-fpbx-3.5.1.24-1.noarch conflicts with file from package iSymphonyServerV3-3.4.2.75-1.noarch

Just upgrade asterisk like you did earlier in this thread.

Just to update my issue - I tracked this down to FreePBX13 running on a gen 7 i3 which of course isn’t supported by CentOS 6.6

I had assumed Proxmox would isolate me from this issue running FreePBX as a VM but clearly it does not.

You can choose the virtual CPU per VM in ProxMox

What CPU type did you choose in proxmox? “Default (kvm64)”? Perhaps CentOS 6.6 doesn’t support my physical processor either. I will look into this.

the default is the host machine,'s cpu. I have no experience with Centos but I am surprised that neither 6 nor 7 support a common intel cpu, choose one that your chosen OS supports

Unfortunately we have realized that better backtraces is not getting compiled correctly into our RPMs so at this time better backtraces is not part of the RPM. Just FYI.

Thanks Andrew. Can we safely compile asterisk ourselves within the distro? If so, are there any specific instructions?

According to this, the default is not the host CPU. You have to select host for that: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Allow_Guests_Access_to_Host_CPU

So the default is kvm64, whatever that means.

I would advise against this.

kvm64 is a emulated processor that is very old and lacks many features. It runs CentOS 6.6 fine and I have a huge number of machines running like this.

Running Proxmox on a gen 7 Intel host however doesn’t work though - the CentOS6.6 VM is running but constantly crashing. Moving the VM away to another host and it runs flawlessly.

In my case I assumed running under Proxmox would eliminate the incompatibility between CentOS 6.6 and the newer Intel processors. This does not appear to be the case.

Wh[quote=“sbiddle, post:53, topic:43682”]
Running Proxmox on a gen 7 Intel host however doesn’t work though
[/quote]

Hi Steve, when you say this, does this mean you have the VM’s processor type set to “host”? So you are using the host’s CPU directly? Or do you have it set to kvm64 or something else?

Wh[quote=“sbiddle, post:53, topic:43682”]
Moving the VM away to another host and it runs flawlessly.
[/quote]

What CPU is on this other host? And again, how do you have the processor type set on proxmox for the VM?

I cannot say why…

but after a few reloads with PJSIP when i use TLS/SRTP with a yealink T48S phone then Asterisk crashes.

First a few thousand lines like this:

[2017-10-24 23:25:57] WARNING[30968] media_index.c: Failed to stat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/pbdirectory-if-correct-press.sln: No such file or directory
[2017-10-24 23:25:57] WARNING[30968] media_index.c: Failed to stat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/pbdirectory-if-correct-press.sln16: No such file or directory
[2017-10-24 23:25:57] WARNING[30968] media_index.c: Failed to stat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/pbdirectory-if-incorrect-press.sln: No such file or directory
[2017-10-24 23:25:57] WARNING[30968] media_index.c: Failed to stat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/pbdirectory-if-incorrect-press.sln16: No such file or directory
[2017-10-24 23:25:57] WARNING[30968] media_index.c: Failed to stat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/pbdirectory-welcome-to-phonebook.sln: No such file or directory

Then asterisk crashes makes a restart…

I downloaded the new ISO of FreePBX Distro SNG7 today and installed it on a KVM Server (no kvm CPU, Xeon is used).
https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1760

It crashes when I have the Proxmox VM processor type set to kvm64. I have tried other processor types and still have the crash.

The other Proxmox hosts that the same VM works flawlessly on are Xeon servers that are supported by CentOS 6.6

If you’re trying to run CentOS 6.6 on an unsupported processor it’s entirely possible your problem could be the same as mine.

Is there a reason you can’t use FreePBX 14 based on CentOS 7 which is fully supported by newer CPU’s?

It’s not ProxMox, it’s not FreePBX . it’s Asterisk . Use asterisk <> 13.1[67].n

As mentioned in the original post, I was running 13.17.0.

That said, I’m on 13.17.2 now and haven’t had a crash yet. BUT, I’ve intentionally spread the extensions to a couple other servers, as to lower the load, which lowered the crashing frequency to once a week, then lowered it more until no crashing for about three weeks. Still had another crash about three weeks later.

Since on 13.17.2, we haven’t had any more, but it’s only been about a week. I’m going to move all the extensions back over to the one server and see if the increased load causes another crash on this newer version of Asterisk.

We could. Would just prefer some more time to go by before we make the switch. Also, wasn’t convinced that would fix anything.

Also, we are using Xeon processors that should be fully supported by CentOS 6.6, but I haven’t double checked that yet.

Hi!

You don’t have .wav files but this is the same problem:

and it has nothing to do with your problem:

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Again , there IS an acknowledged problem by Digium with 13.17 , just don’t use it and you won’t have to chase rabbits down the wrong hole.