Configure FXS extension to use Bogen ADP1 door phone

Funny that you should mention RTFM.
Using Ctrl-F with the 848 page Asterisk: The Definitive Guide. Fourth Edition.
The manual you specifically told me to google then read.
There are zero hits for “ring down”, “hot line”, “door phone” or “doorphone”.

cttrl f is not the same as comprehension, but there are many about dialplans, local channels et all, dahdi is not part of asterisk and perhaps you should google that, i can assure you that it works, but I think I have told you how to do it, there are consultants out there who can do it for you, though…

RTFM is not singular. and reading 700 plus pages takes longer than a day., I kniw, I did it.

I got it working finally.

This is done though the GUI web interface.
In the Extensions Advanced settings, Immediate=Yes, and Context=Bogen-ADP1-01

These have to be done at the physical PC running Asterisk.
In the /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf I wrote:
[Bogen-ADP1-01]
; exten => s,1,Dial(LOCAL/302) ; Extension 302
exten => s,1,Dial(LOCAL/400@from-internal) ; ring group 400
exten => s,n,Hangup()

When you change stuff, you need to reload things.
[root@somewhere asterisk]# fwconsole reload

Thank you

I also use a Bogen doorphone, but I use it with an ATA. I configure the extension for the Doorphone as context=from-pstn, create an inbound route for a special DID 9999999999, and then have the ATA hotdial 9999999999 whenever the doorphone picks up.

This is how we did it on ours.

We set up our DAHDI channel for extension 1051 and the context to “doorphone-custom”

In extensions_custom.conf:

[doorphone-custom]
immediate=yes
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Goto(from-internal,1100,1)  ; 1100 is the ring group for our operators
exten => s,n,Hangup()

The secret is the context; the context says “What block of instructions do I want to follow in my extensions_custom.conf file”?

As far as your DAHDI configuration, my understanding is that it differs depending on the hardware, but you would set it up as a regular extension, but make sure “Immediate” = Yes (meaning “As soon as I go offhook, start down the dialplan”)

1 Like