Compiling in current freepbx

I found a Tigerjet Utility that might theoretically allow me to connect a MagicJack device to my FPBX box so that MagickJack(s) can support phones connected to asterisk…

I found it here
http://www.earth.li/~noodles/hardware-usbfxs.html

iI have FPBX installed fresh today with asterisk 11 with schmz 6.6 32 bit OS

I cd to the uncompressed files
I try to run
./configure

and I get
No such file or directory

I have made all the files executable and still not working

I do not expect miraculous results with this TigerJet driver but I would like to play with it some. If it can detect on/off hook status start a ring and stop a ring then the rest is like a cakewalk because it is just seen as an audio device (at least on ubuntu)

Any help appreciated

Pretty sure that is not allowed as per your contractual agreement with them

http://www.magicjack.com/action/saps

Both section 6 and 8. So far they have apparently discovered and stopped all such attempts to do that.

I have no contractual agreement with them. I acquired the unit second hand. I am not bound by any agreement made by original purchaser. Its that simple.

Now I see why you call yourself DICKO

I believe such a “acquisition” is probably covered under section 13

They can say whatever they want. I DID NOT AGREE TO THEIR TERMS . I AM NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENT WITH MAGICJACK.

Maybe you should get a legal opinion?

My question had nothing to do with MagickJacks user agreement (which I never was a user)

DO NOT HIJACK MY THREAD!

without an attached number, how will it work? but knock yourself out trying to in effect steal service.

You really have no idea do you?

Connect this USB to FXO to a Linux box and it is already a sound device. I can connect to a linux box (asterisk) and send audio to phone device and use phones Mic for input.

The driver I linked to above allows detection of on-hook/off-hook status and can start/stop ringing to attached phone.

With that said, potentially it can be a complete USB to FXS adapter when connected to my asterisk box.

Do you actually use asterisk or just post on the forums?

No, I obviously have no idea , good luck though.

Not stealing any service nor using MagicJack service at all. I am just looking to experiment with the MagicJack device, and possibly re-purpose it.

As my mother used to say if you don’t have anything useful to say, then don’t say it.

You know nothing about my question nor do you understand it and you are calling me a thief.

The question is about compiling.

If I misunderstood your intent, I apologize, but if ./configure returns what you say, then there is not a file called configure in your current working directory that script will normally prepare a make file so you can actually compile it indirectly with make , you will need a sufficiently complete build chain, and if ./configure completes without error you can go onto the next step, so check your work until the existence of the ./configure file being extant.

1 Like