Change audio language

Using Free PBX 2.11
Asterisk 11
Digium Addons 2.10

Where can I change the default AUDIO language please?

I would like to set it to French.

Can’t find anywhere in FreePBX.

I did install the language audio files in French when I installed Asterisk 11

I tried the language module of FreePBX too but doesn’t seem to help

Everything is still in english (ex: VoiceMail prompts)

No one ??

Same problem here.
Copied over german voice files to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/de and set language=de in SIP settings.
When i call VM *97 the login text is english, but log says the macro is playing the “de” language version.

This is what I did to get it working for all messages.

First, you must download the language sound files.

It could be the asterisk-sounds-something_in_your_language RPMs or it could be some other files that must be located under /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/LANGCODE (change LANGCODE for what you need: es, fr, de…)

Then install the “Asterisk SIP Settings” module.

Once installed, go to that module (you’ll see it under general settings), and change “Language” for the LANGCODE that you need.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

I downloaded the current version (alaw, ulaw and gsm) of the es language files from Digium and the directory contents look much different than that of the en directory. I’m running FreePBX 4.211.64-7. Are these the correct files?

Hello, it seems that no one want to help for this big language issue.
It is not working at all

Whats the name of the file that you downloaded? can you post the link to from where you downloaded it?

Amine read Gustavo’s post again.

I am not sure if this has been solve. Anyways if you want to change the language prompt, let say for the IVR module, when you are creating an IVR in the IVR module there is where you can change the language prompt. You need to record your own localized language and use it in the IVR, DIRECTORY, etc. module. For example on the IVR module there are only three prompts if I am not mistaken, the Announcement, Invalid Retry and Invalid Destination prompts. So this is where you change the prompts from the Default to the one that you recorded.

The only problem is that the other prompts on the directory is still in English, hmm :frowning: any help here.

The folder for the french language is in the directory module though but how to point to that folder so that the french prompts be used?

I solved it, amportal restart. :slight_smile:

1 Like