chan_mobile [WORKING well with iPhone 4s]

What version of Asterisk and FreePBX are you running? Did you install from distro or source? It’s a bit difficult to help you without some basic information like this.

Saying all that…

Firstly ensure that you have the following packages installed:

bluez
bluez-libs
bluez-libs-devel

You can check by typing yum info bluez* at the command prompt, if installed you should see something like “Repo: installed” beneath each package.

Secondly ensure that you do actually have chan_mobile compiled into asterisk. To check this type:

asterisk -rx "module show" | grep chan_mobile at the command prompt.
You should have returned something like:

If you do not get this response or similar, then you need to recompile asterisk from source and ensure you select chan_mobile from the first page of menuselect.

Finally, and with all due respect to andrewswitzerland - his instructions really only apply to Asterisk 1.6. If you are running Asterisk 1.8 or above, then chan_mobile is actually already included within the core distribution rather than asterisk addons, so all that stuff about copying mobile.conf is waaaaaaay out of date. The correct configuration file is actually chan_mobile.conf.

Trust me when I say there is no sure fire way of getting chan_mobile working on your setup. Even if you have the basics working, it’s more good fortune that anything to find a successful phone and dongle pairing. I have tried 4 different bluetooth dongles and 5 different phones. Only one combination actually worked with Asterisk!!

Good luck!!!

Do let us know how you get on.