Can not play greetings in UCP

Hi,

I am running FreePBX distro 6.12.65-23 in a HA cluster.

I cannot play greetings in the UCP in Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit), Firefox 34.0, or IE 11. I can play the greetings in Opera 12.16.

I have tried this on Windows 7, Debian Wheezy, and Ubuntu 14.04LTS with the same results.

Greetings play OK on phones.

I tried installing Flash and Shockwave to see if that was the problem on the non-working browsers with no luck.

The greetings show up, but the length is reported as 0:00 on the browsers that do not work. Length appears OK in Opera.

On Firefox, Chrome, and IE clicking the play button quickly switches to Pause icon then back to Play icon. There is no sound and the progress bar does not change.

Any Ideas?

Just a followup I am running Asterisk 11.

What about playing recordings or voicemails

Voicemails play OK in Opera, Chrome and Firefox, Haven’t tested on IE but I assume voicemails play. We do not store voicemails on the system generally, but send them right to email. The greetings still do not play on Chrome and Firefox, but play fine in Opera. As you might have guessed Opera is not our standard browser.

They work fine in all browsers for me. I would have to see how your greetings are getting stored however. If they aren’t wav files then that is a good pointer as to why it doesnt work.

They were recorded via the phones in a freepbx distro 6.12.65-23. I assume they are recorded in the default format in the default location. However they were recorded before creating an HA cluster if that might make a difference.

It is also strange that they work on one browser but not others even on the same machine.

That is not strange. Opera does not play the WAV format by default it plays the OGG file. If the wav format doesn’t exist then there would be nothing for the other browsers to play. Please look in your voicemail greetings folders and tell me what the file format is

In /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/0028/2391 I have a greet.wav and greet.WAV. No OGG files.

If this is not the proper location please let me know.

Looked in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2391 and have greet.wav, greet.WAV and greet_535468a08d6585f55d9632b253b361912c8a8c702.ogg

Is there some place where the format to record is set? In voicemail admin/ settings it states that format should be wav.

Which location is the right location?

in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/0028/2391 I have greet.wav and
greet.WAV.

If this is not the proper location please let me know.

Edward Kohler

Network & Systems Engineer

Siena College

101 Hines Hall

515 Loudon Rd.

Loudonville, NY 12211

518-783-2391

Fax 518-783-2391

[email protected]

Siena College is a learning community advancing the ideals of a liberal
arts education, rooted in its identity as a Franciscan and Catholic
institution.