Calls from random extensions at all times of day and night

Hello, I’m new to Asterisk and the server configuration. I’ve got TrixBox distro running and a linksys pap2 with a single trunk registered. However the problem I’m having is that I keep getting random calls from extensions that I had not created and when you pick the phone up there’s no one there. I have read that this is happening because of jerks running SIP scanners or something like that. Also I have ran TCP dump to analyze the packets of these calls and I’m able to intercept there sip invites. What I’ve noticed is that there sip invites are large digget number unlike a normal US phone number would look like. So what im wondering is if there is some way to set a filter on what kind of calls can come in and that there criteria would match what a normal incoming phone number would be formatted like?

This is what my TCP dumps look like and then on the phone’s caller id they just show up as some random extension like 101, or 5001 or something. Also when I check the call log at the voip service theres noting there.

22:57:01.123621 IP (tos 0x20, ttl 110, id 22475, offset 0, flags [none], proto: UDP (17), length: 789) 192.168.1.1.sdl-ets > 192.168.1.100.sip: [udp sum ok] SIP, length: 761
INVITE sip:[email protected] SIP/2.0

The INVITE sip:[email protected] is the jerk. Is there a way to filter these out so that only a normal phone number containing 10 diggets is allowed? Something like 1234567890@myserveraddress would only be sent to the ATA. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Also I’ve done the change the port on the ATA thing and that didn’t work.

First thing to do is start over with a supported FreePBX distribution, TrixBox was abandoned years ago and is no longer supported by anyone, anywhere.

Dicko is right. I used to be a Trixbox user myself and the FreeBPX product is SOOO much better. Plus it’s active and has a future. Since you’re just getting started you won’t lose anything by moving to FreePBX now. Trixbox is very dead.

Ok great thanks, I just switched to FreePBX and the problem went away. I just don’t like the GUI of FreePBX compared to TrixBox.

Nope, I take that back. Just got a call at 2:50 AM from extension 205 and im using FreePBX. Is there a way to filter these out?

I getting calls constantly from random extensions again :frowning:

You need to read about securing your system, start with the wiki pay attention to allowing anonymous and guest connections. Look into fail2ban, invest in a firewall, these things are what many have found useful.