CallerID in Sip From Header

My SIP provider needs the caller ID for the outgoing call to be in the SIP From Header. I use FreePBX 2.11 with Asterisk 11. My trunk is configured as follows:

username=[mainnumber]
type=peer
secret=[secret]
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=no
insecure=invite,port
host=xxxxxx.integra.net
fromuser=[mainnumber]
fromdomain=10.1.1.251
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=update
allow=ulaw

My outbound CallerID for the trunk is set to [Othernumber] on the trunk settings page. Some extensions have custom outbound CallerID information set. But, no matter what extension an outbound call is made from, the SIP Header (captured by tcpdump) is sip:[mainnumber]@10.1.1.251. It does not use the Outbound CallerID set in the trunk settings or Outbound CallerID set in the extension settings. It seems to only use the [mainnumber] that is set in the fromuser= in the trunk set up. So, none of the calls are getting set to the right CallerID. I need it to change the SIP Header From to the appropriate Outbound Caller ID.

I have tried adding sendrpid=yes, and sendrpid=pai, also with no change.

On further research, I have found my answer. Whenever there is a fromuser= setting for the trunk, it will always use it in the SIP header from field, despite any other settings for callerID for the trunk, route or extension.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know how you fixed this issue. This fixed my problem!! My problem was also with an Integra trunk.

-Mark

Thank you triggr
Made my job an easy one, figuring out the outbound CID

How do you sole this…?

is there any parameter where we can set the callerid from dialplan for the sip ?