Call screening - what is supposed to happen to rejected calls?

Using 12.0.42 distro… When I use call screening, what is supposed to happen when I reject a call? I expected it to go to voice mail but it just disconnects. Is there any way to control what happens when you reject a call?

Not that I’m trying to sound smart, which part of “reject” were you not clear on? Redirecting the call to voicemail is accepting (vice rejecting) a call.

Looking at the /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf, it appears that you’ll have to modify the privacy context to add another option (for example, 1 to continue, 2 to send to voicemail?).

If you want to start, you’re going to have to put at least some of the code in extension_override.conf or extensions_override_freepbx.conf

1 Like

It’s not good for the caller. Quite often it is a wanted call but I just can’t deal with it at the time. So I answer, hear who it is, don’t want the call, press 2 to reject, then they get hung up on. Not good. In my opinion, either reject should send to voicemail or there should be another option to send to voicemail. Maybe I’ll enter a feature request.

If you are not sure how to do what Dave is explaining, you might want to try and ask for an example.

This is the context you need to look at…

> [macro-privacy-mgr]
> include => macro-privacy-mgr-custom
> exten => s,1,Set(KEEPCID=${CALLERID(num)})
> exten => s,n,Set(TESTCID=${IF($["${CALLERID(num):0:1}"="+"]?${MATH(1+${CALLERID(num):1})}:${MATH(1+${CALLERID(num)})})})
> exten => s,n,ExecIf($[${LEN(${TESTCID})}=0]?Set(CALLERID(num)=))
> exten => s,n,PrivacyManager(${ARG1},${ARG2})
> exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${PRIVACYMGRSTATUS}"="FAILED"]?fail)
> exten => s,n,GosubIf($["${CALLED_BLACKLIST}"="1"]?app-blacklist-check,s,1())
> exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num-pres)=allowed_passed_screen)
> exten => s,n,MacroExit()
> exten => s,n(fail),Noop(STATUS: ${PRIVACYMGRSTATUS} CID: ${CALLERID(num)} ${CALLERID(name)} CALLPRES: ${CALLLINGPRES})
> exten => s,n,Playback(sorry-youre-having-problems&goodbye)
> exten => s,n,Playtones(congestion)
> exten => s,n,Congestion(20)

> exten => h,1,Hangup  ***<--- here is your hangup clause***

;--== end of [macro-privacy-mgr] ==--;