Brand new distro install, errors in log and not connecting to SIP trunks (voipms)

This is what I’m getting in my logs… obviously something is busted. Any ideas?

[2016-08-25 10:31:27] WARNING[3476] chan_sip.c: ‘tcp’ is not a valid transport type when tcpenable=no. If no other is specified, the defaults from general will be used.
[2016-08-25 10:31:27] WARNING[3476] chan_sip.c: ‘tls’ is not a valid transport type when tlsenable=no. If no other is specified, the defaults from general will be used.

These are just warnings. Nothing is “busted”

Annoying warnings that are filling up my logs

Settings, Asterisk Log Files, Log Files, full, Warning, off.

Yeah that’s a good fix, just turn off warnings so you don’t know when somethings actually broken

Patches welcome!

I already miss version 12, this 13 seems buggy as hell

We still have version 12 on the download page. Use it if you wish no one is forcing you on to 13

I’ll give it a chance for now. I just can’t have this crash or do weird things. I have version 12 boxes that haven’t been rebooted or touched in over a year without issue

Then why upgrade if everything is working for you? Obviously you don’t like 13 so why bother

One interesting solution is to look at what the warning is telling you and not doing that.

Either enable TLS for SIP (tlsenable=yes) or don’t try to use SIP over TCP (which is what the warning is complaining about.).