Blacklist not working

Hello,

I run FreePBX within Elastix 2.4 and it seems that app-blacklist-check is not called at all in the dialplan when a call hits asterisk (at least in the from-internal context).

Any suggestions please?

Yes

From what I understand they do modify FPBX so you may not get much help here.

Euh, why would you want to block calls from the inside???

The blacklist check is only for your inbound routes AFAIK…

Have a nice day!

Nick

As a design tradeoff, I have a trunk on another pbx (non *) which holds my E1, as well as other extensions which I want to treat as internal (in order to avoid adding incoming routes for the rest of my trunks). I found that only the “from-pstn” trunk checks the blacklist, but is there any way to force checking on the “from-internal” context as well? After all, all I care only for the incoming CID and not the originating trunk to achieve the blacklisting.

Thanks,

Markos

Hi!

It seems to me that processing external calls as if they came from the inside would make your system more prone to abuse…

Does the version of FreePBX with Elastix 2.4 supports making a default route by leaving the DID number empty.

ie From the help text:

Define the expected DID Number if your trunk passes DID on incoming calls.

Leave this blank to match calls with any or no DID info.

You can also use a pattern match (eg _2[345]X) to match a range of numbers

Couldn’t that do what you want or did I misundertood your problem?

The other possibility I could see is to create those in bulk, does the bulk handler exist in Elastix 2.4’s version of FreePBX?

As for validating the blacklist from another context than the normal ones I am pretty sure you would need to add custom context(s), dial plan(s), etc…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Thanks for your time NIck!

It seems that the way to go is to put the non * PBX in from-pstn context and then create one incoming route pattern matching the extensions for every sip trunk that I use.

Hi,

Can you explain again what exactly you need to achieve? Please do not mention words like trunks or contexts because you are using it wrongly. I will explain it to you later after I will understand your needs.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.