Attended Transfer - Ring instead of going live

Hi,

I’m pretty new to the FreePBX environment and I was wondering if there is possibly a way for when the receptionist attended transfers the caller to someone, when they confirm they they would like to speak with that caller and the receptionist hits the transfer button instead of going directly live it would be nice if it could ring their phone.

I’ve looked in the phones configurations for the setting but I have not been able to find it. I also looked a little in FreePBX and on the forums.

The phones I have are Yealink T26p, T28p and T21p and I am running FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-29

Thanks,
Joey

Have the receptionist put them on hold, call the ext to be transferred to, confirm, hang up, blind transfer the original call?

Overkill,

Thanks for your feedback but your method will not do, the phones have DSS keys for each extension and they are programmed to attended transfer the caller, which is correct. But after the extension confirms they would like to speak to the party, as soon as the receptionist hits transfer it goes live to the persons phone. In the old system when the receptionist confirmed the transfer and she hung up it would ring the phone instead of going directly live like freepbx is doing. Also all of the phones intercom by default. I hope that there is a way to stop the call from going directly live, that is the only issue preventing us from fully deploying the system because it is a requirement.

Thanks,
Joey

You can have Asterisk play a beep (or any sound file on the system) during an attended transfer. Locate the file:

/etc/asterisk/features_general_custom.conf

and add the line:

xfersound = beep

Then reload with amportal a r

Igaetz,

Thanks for the response, but I’m looking for something that will make the phone ring after the transfer instead of going directly live to the phone. This way it gives the person time to get ready for the other person on the line.

Thanks,
Joey

This is kind of urgent can anyone help?