Asterisk won't start after upgrade to 13

Spoke too soon. I’m getting a retrieve_conf failed. I’ve seen that before. Hopefully I can remember how I got past that issue.

why jump to /etc/rc.d/init.d/freepbx restart? fwconsole is the command you should use to administer freepbx from the CLI. fwconsole restart, fwconsole reload, etc. They may be the same, but I am under the impression that fwconsole does additional checks, etc. You might be having a retrieve_conf error because of module issues. You might have to also do fwconsole ma upgradeall and watch for errors. If no errors, fwconsole reload and see what happens.

It looks like the freepbx restart script is a wrapper that makes calls to fwconsole.

I searched for other topics involving retrieve_conf errors and saw someone recommend issuing the command from the cli.

[root@confbridge01 init.d]# cd /var/lib/asterisk/bin
[root@confbridge01 bin]# ./retrieve_conf
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: mkdir(): No such file or directory in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Media.class.php on line 34
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Media.class.php:34
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. mkdir() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Media.class.php:34
  4. FreePBX\Media->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:125
  5. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  6. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:40

There is a bug on that currently that has been fixed

FYI: http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-11487

Glad to know its been fixed. I followed the link and didn’t immediately see where/what the fix is.

Hi Andrew!

It looks like we need to be logged on to see the commits…

I did not see it at first and I did after I logged on…

Have a nice day!

PS: I am not quite sure why Jira does this (most likely by default)…

1 Like

mkdir($dir,0777,true); on line 34 of that file?

Hi bwaynef!

This is what I am seeing to but I suggest you update otherwise your system will complain that the module has been altered because its signature will no longer match…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

If the update you’re referring to is from the Admin > Module Admin > Check Online I get the following for the Core Module:

"Core 13.0.41 Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Newer than online version (2.11.0.35) "

I see in the thread below, it’s suggested that if version upgrader was used to upgrade, it then needs to be uninstalled. I used pbx upgrader. That seems similar enough that the same logic might apply.

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-7122

Uninstallation of the FreePBX Upgrade module isn’t available from within the web interface.

You are referencing a ticket that is years old. Don’t. Your core is reporting 2.11 don’t you think thats a huge problem?

Pbx upgrader will go away once everything is upgraded. Apparently you are in a half baked upgrade

Run: fwconsole ma upgradeall

On the command line:

[root@confbridge01 bin]# fwconsole ma upgradeall
No repos specified, using: [extended,standard] from last GUI settings

Up to date.
Updating Hooks…Done
[root@confbridge01 bin]#

Then trying to apply the config on the web interface

Error!Close
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

click here for more info
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Your system is somehow reporting that it is version 2.11 when you upgraded to 13. You have massive problems with this install. Do you want to keep using it?

Thank you for your help. Looks like it makes more sense to start over. Do you have any suggestions on removing what’s installed before I try to install afresh w/ 13?

Well I mean if you want to continue with this install and are OK with it I can walk you through a few steps that will recover it but I dont know what else will be wrong? I guess I’m asking if thats something you want to try?

Let me know the next steps and we can see if it makes sense to keep going. How about that? (Thanks for your help.)

Run these commands

mysql
use asterisk;
select * from admin where variable = 'version';

Paste the response here. Example:

mysql> select * from admin where variable = 'version';
+----------+---------+
| variable | value   |
+----------+---------+
| version  | 13.0.60 |
+----------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)