Asterisk with DONT_OPTIMIZE and BETTER_BACKTRACE

I’m in the posistion where I need to have asterisk compiled with the the flags DONT_OPTIMIZE and BETTER_BACKTRACE. Can I do this with the freepbx distro? I noticed that asterisk is currently setup with all rpms and was not sure if i could just recompile asterisk on the distro or not.

You are better off doing that wholesale from scratch . The distro is compiled with an undocumented set of compile flags.

Thanks dicko, thats what I thought as well.

Those are enabled by default on all the distro asterisk rpms. No need to recompile.

Dicko, one simple has to ask

was not aware of that tm1000, I need to get a core dump and wasnt sure if they were in there or not.

Hehe, how would anyone one know that, it is not documented :wink: put it another way, what are the compile flags you guys use. It has been asked more than once but remains unanswered. . .

There you go, I ask again :slight_smile:

now thats a better question :slight_smile:

I need to check on better backtrace. However I will tell you that we submit core dumps to the Digium team all the time with these settings and they are able to work with them. Thats the important part.

Asterisk 13:

menuselect/menuselect --disable-category MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_EXTRA_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_MOH --enable-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS --enable res_pktccops --enable chan_mgcp --enable chan_motif --enable app_meetme --enable app_page --enable res_snmp --enable res_srtp --enable DONT_OPTIMIZE --disable BUILD_NATIVE --disable res_calendar --disable res_calendar_caldav --disable res_calendar_ews --disable res_calendar_exchange --disable res_calendar_icalendar #

Asterisk 12:

menuselect/menuselect --disable-category MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_EXTRA_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_MOH --enable-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS --enable res_pktccops --enable chan_mgcp --enable chan_motif --enable app_dahdibarge --enable app_meetme --enable app_page --enable res_snmp --enable res_srtp --enable DONT_OPTIMIZE --disable BUILD_NATIVE  #

Asterisk 11:

menuselect/menuselect --disable-category MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_EXTRA_SOUNDS --disable-category MENUSELECT_MOH --enable-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS --enable res_pktccops --enable chan_mgcp --enable chan_motif --enable app_dahdibarge --enable app_meetme --enable app_page --enable res_mwi_blf --enable res_snmp --enable res_srtp --enable DONT_OPTIMIZE --disable BUILD_NATIVE --disable res_calendar --disable res_calendar_caldav --disable res_calendar_ews --disable res_calendar_exchange --disable res_calendar_icalendar #
2 Likes

hoping for better backtrace

Then perhaps as I said :-

You are better off doing that wholesale from scratch :smile:

It only takes a few minutes (start with the official menuselect options, then run make menuselect again to suit your needs if that makes you more comfortable), But thank you Andrew for clarifying however.

edit

turn on BUILD_NATIVE if you do that it can’t but help if you roll-your-own :wink:

Asterisk is licensed under the GPL. The GPL requires that everything needed to rebuild it from source, except for standard tools, should be supplied. I would argue that includes any build options used.

I would expect to find those in the source RPMs, not entered by hand.