Asterisk Error Uptime 0 minutes after update and hostname change

I am running FreePBX for over 2 years with no problems.
I always keep the systems up to date, today morning I performed the latest update by performing the following commands:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

then everything was working fine until I decided to fix an issue in the log indicating that required to fix the FQDN for the apache then I modify the host name in the following files:

/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
Added servername myhostname to /etc/apache2/apaches.conf
The followed with the following lines:

• /bin/hostname –F /etc/hostname
  • /etc/init.d/apach2 restart

Then I restarted the server … at this point I couldn’t bring the server up again and I listed below some warnings and errors from the log …

[2014-08-20 22:42:11] NOTICE[3756] res_odbc.c: Connecting asteriskcdrdb
[2014-08-20 22:42:11] WARNING[3756] res_odbc.c: res_odbc: Error SQLConnect=-1 errno=0 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
[2014-08-20 22:42:11] WARNING[3756] res_odbc.c: Failed to connect to asteriskcdrdb
[2014-08-20 22:42:11] WARNING[3756] cel_odbc.c: No such connection 'asteriskcdrdb' in the 'cel' section of cel_odbc.conf. Check res_odbc.conf.

[2014-08-20 22:42:13] ERROR[3756] res_corosync.c: Failed to initialize cfg (6)

[2014-08-20 22:42:21] WARNING[3818] pbx_config.c: The use of '_.' for an extension is strongly discouraged and can have unexpected behavior. Please use '_X.' instead at line 1787 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf

[2014-08-20 22:42:21] WARNING[3818] presencestate.c: No provider found for label CustomPresence

[2014-08-20 22:42:21] WARNING[3818] loader.c: Error loading module 'res_mwi_blf.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_mwi_blf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2014-08-20 22:42:21] WARNING[3818] loader.c: Error loading module 'res_mwi_blf.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_mwi_blf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2014-08-20 22:42:21] WARNING[3818] loader.c: Module 'res_mwi_blf.so' could not be loaded

[2014-08-20 22:43:02] WARNING[3941] res_odbc.c: res_odbc: Error SQLConnect=-1 errno=0 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
[2014-08-20 22:43:02] WARNING[3941] res_odbc.c: Failed to connect to asteriskcdrdb
[2014-08-20 22:43:02] WARNING[3941] cel_odbc.c: No such connection 'asteriskcdrdb' in the 'cel' section of cel_odbc.conf. Check res_odbc.conf.

And in the system status/dashboard showing the following:
Asterisk Error
MySQK OK
Web Server OK
SSH Server OK

I also tried to change “Display Readonly Settings” and “Override Readonly Settings” under Advanced Settings and saved it but I can’t commit it or “Apply Config” even with “amportal a r” got the following error message:
Please wait…

Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
exit: 1
[FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

Also almost the Asterisk server trying to reload by itself every 1 min, during the reload I can see the all trunks come up for few seconds and then shutdown automatically again … generating a large log file.

I stopped the amportal

root@hostname:~# amportal kill

Please wait...

KILLING AMP PROCESSES
asterisk: no process found
mpg123: no process found
kill: invalid option -- '9'

Usage:
 kill [options] <pid> [...]

Options:
 <pid> [...]            send signal to every <pid> listed
 -<signal>, -s, --signal <signal>
                        specify the <signal> to be sent
 -l, --list=[<signal>]  list all signal names, or convert one to a name
 -L, --table            list all signal names in a nice table

-h, --help     display this help and exit
 -V, --version  output version information and exit

For more details see kill(1).
op_server.pl: no process found
root@hostname:~# amportal stop

Please wait...

STOPPING ASTERISK
Waiting for Asterisk to Stop Gracefully...

Please any help, direction, or feedback is really appreciated.

Just in case someone went through the same issue… I couldn’t find any resolution even I did a lot of online research with no luck … I ended up building a new server and I was lucky enough to have a recent backup was saved on external disk …
I did a full restore to the system including voicemail and everything else … But I had to setup the voicemail passwords again other than that was easy …

I still have the old server laying down in the datacentre collecting dust :slight_smile: and wondering if anyone came to a resolution please ping me.

Any luck with this? I have the same
problem. I ran apt-update and apt-upgrade, and then rebooted, and all
was well. There were no new raspbx-upgrade. Then I went into Module
Admin, and updated Core, and that’s when the problem reared its head.
When I clicked Apply, I got:
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
exit: 1

[FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.
FreePBX Notifications showed:
Critical Error retrieve_conf failed, config not applied

Ignore this

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

Added 12 minutes ago

(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)
Anyone have any ideas?

That’s why I decided to build a new server instead of troubleshooting the issue … Sorry, I couldn’t figure out the problem but if anyone came to a resolution please let us know.