Assigned alerts to Digium phones not working correctly

Continuing the discussion from Digium Ringtones for different line keys:

My sip info shows:

– Executing [604@from-internal:9] Set(“SIP/129-00000320”, “__ALERT_INFO=Prod”) in new stack

“Prod” is the name of the alert created and assigned to the phone. Am I using the syntax correctly? Or is there something I need to do differently when creating the alert?

Does your res_digium_phone_devices.conf file show the alert that you made added to the type=phone?

Here’s the extension/phone in question:
[117]
type=phone
full_name=Francis
parking_exten=0
parking_transfer_type=blind
accept_local_calls=host
active_locale=en_US
active_ringtone=Office2
blf_unused_linekeys=no
display_mc_notification=no
lock_preferences=yes
mac=000fd3078a53
name_format=first_last
contact=contacts-1.xml
blf_contact_group=Main
record_own_calls=yes
send_to_vm=yes
timezone=America/New_York
web_ui_enabled=yes
use_local_storage=yes
network=network–1
d70_logo_file=user_image_2.png
alert=alert-2
alert=alert-1
alert=alert-3
line=117
line=1117
line=2117
line=3117

And in the info:

Executing [604@from-internal:9] Set(“SIP/113-00000372”, “__ALERT_INFO=alert-2”) in new stack

Thanks.

I think this is probably then the bug whereby alerts aren’t also pulling in the proper ringtone (I don’t see any ringtones pulled in there). We know about it. The fix for that will be included in our next update that we’ll be pushing for review in the near future.

Very good sir. That final tweak should make the phone system work the way I need it to work. Thanks!

Howdy,

An update is now available. Let me know if it addresses the issue for you.

Malcom,

The alerts work beautifully. In the home stretch before deployment… very exciting! Have a great day!

Hooray :smiley:
Glad it works

Well, it was working. Now if there are 2 different alerts for different groups, it just rings the ‘digium’ tone. I bet it was the core update, but who knows. Very frustrating.

Nevermind… When in doubt, reboot.