Any way to disable module signature checking for an individual module?

This is perhaps off topic, but I will share my recipe, it doesn’t use sexy pgp signing but has certain advantages when it comes to recovery and is just good old bash and perl scripting and some general linux utilities already installed on every machine. I have used it successfully for several years and it has occasionally protected me from myself :smile: and a couple of old invasions of /recordings

Install rnapshot

yum|apt-get install rsnapshot

with a schedule to suit, I use a thirty minute window, in /etc/rsnapshot.conf the pertinent lines for asterisk are.

snapshot_root /rsnapshot/
cmd_postexec /var/lib/asterisk/bin/rsnappost
retain interval 48
retain daily 7
retain weekly 4
retain monthly 3
backup /etc/asterisk asterisketc/
backup /var/www/html webroot/

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/rsnappost contains

#!/bin/bash
diff -r /rsnapshot/interval.1/webroot/admin /rsnapshot/interval.0/webroot/admin
diff -r /rsnapshot/interval.1/asterisketc /rsnapshot/interval.0/asterisketc

and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot

0,30 * * * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot interval
30 0 * * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot daily
0 3 * * 1 root /usr/bin/rsnapshot weekly
30 2 1 * * root /usr/bin/rsnapshot monthly

That’s all there is to it, a watchful system monitor that uses cron to email alerts on changes, and that includes changes done into /etc/asterisk perhaps as an audit trail of what got done and when, expected or not. I feel it covers all of the pgp signing verification efforts plus a built in recovery system that covers your “arse” (indeminifies your system equally) for three months. It is very extensible by for example adding /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail or /var/spool/asterisk/backup, is low impact, uses hard-links extensively so little hard-drive space, and doesn’t require an internet connection.

Personally I use one dedicated backup server for many FreePBX instances but it works fine in a standalone situation also.

1 Like