Answer from the email

I can’t answer from the email, but the feature is presented “To respond, reply to this email”.

I think that because the subject does not contain the proper parameter to link (like http://community.freepbx.org/t/xmpp/23420/1)

What happens when you try? It’s actually probably because we don’t have the mail server setup that way

I thought we had that disabled… (apparently not) That saig looking at the setting I think we simply don’t have it setup correctly.

The tool tip says:

Template for reply by email incoming email address, for example: %{reply_key}@reply.example.com or replies+%{reply_key}@example.com

We do not use the templating as suggested so It wouldn’t have a way to associate the email to thread.

Currently we do [email protected] we would have to do foo+%{reply_key}@bar.baz.

From what I am seeing due to the security “Features” on the email account it doesn’t allow the willy nilly reply-to changes. That said there is discussion on the discourse forums where someone suggested email cookies which appear to be present when I look at the raw email but it doesn’t seem to process on those.

@neill / @eviltrout any thoughts on this?

ok well since we don’t have this figured out I am going to just disable the option to reply from email. At least for now.

I did submit a post on the discourse forums. I will update this if it leads somewhere…

Can you link me to the appropriate post on meta? I am looking for more information here.

Is the issue that your email provider doesn’t allow keys to be embedded in the reply address? Or is it stripping the reply-to? Who are you using to send email?

@eviltrout
https://meta.discourse.org/t/reply-by-email-cookies/18470

Stripping. We use YOUR server.

For those following this seems to be resolved.

1 Like

TEST EMAIL ANSWER =OK= 19.08.2014, 20:11, “jfinstrom” [email protected]:jfinstrom August 19For those following this seems to be resolved.To respond, reply to this email or visit Answer from the email in your browser.Previous Repliestm1000 August 5 eviltrout said:Or is it stripping the reply-to? Who are you using to send email?Stripping. We use YOUR server.jfinstrom August 5@eviltrout meta.discourse.org Reply by email… CookiesContinuing the discussion from Reply to email - key in subject instead of email address?: downey said: This seems like it could be rather foolproof. Our project’s support desk system uses this header to allow e-mail updates to support cases, so we don’t have to worry about quoting parts of messages or preserving subject lines, etc. Works really well. So it seems like an apps accounts don’t like willy nilly reply-to: and I am not alone Reply by Email Doesn’t Wor… eviltrout August 5Can you link me to the appropriate post on meta? I am looking for more information here.Is the issue that your email provider doesn’t allow keys to be embedded in the reply address? Or is it stripping the reply-to? Who are you using to send email?To respond, reply to this email or visit Answer from the email in your browser.To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

Well… that looks terrible :smile:

He replied “text only” instead of an HTML email reply.

Maybe they need a enter reply after marker…