Amportal chown issues, RCONFFAIL error

I was running an upgrade from 5.211.65-12 to 5.211.65-14 and ever since that upgrade I get the following error when pressing the apply config button:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1click here for more info1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

This is the error on the status page:

retrieve_conf failed, config not applied

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Added 9 seconds ago
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

At the end of applying the upgrade I also got the following message:
Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/cxpanel
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/provisioning
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/wcb.php
Permissions OK

It is the same message that I get when I run amportal chown.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I currently cannot send or recieve any phone calls. If I absolutely have to I will just reinstall and restore the configs from a recent backup but this is worst case scenario.

run: amportal a r

from the CLI, we need more information

I ended up reinstalling. I restored my backup once reinstalled and got the same issue as soon as the backup was restored. I discovered that those 3 referenced files were all symlinks so I tried temporarily removing them and that fixed the amportal problem but I still had problems with SIP not working. It just seemed as if the SIP module was not starting because any SIP command in the CLI would fail saying that the SIP module does not exist. I finally decided it might be faster to just do another reinstall and reconfigure the whole thing so I am currently reinstalling again.