After ISP switch, no longer receiving incoming calls

I recently switched my internet to Time Warner Cable and they provided a Arris TG1672G cable modem/router/wireless access point. After the switch, I am no longer recieving incomming calls (I can make outgoing calls). I have disabled all ALG settings and even forwarded port 5060 to my freepbx box (I didn’t have to forward any ports with my previous router), but nothing has worked so far. When I try to make an incomming call, I don’t see anything in the logs that would indicate FreePBX is recieving anything. I haven’t changed any setting to the trunk in FreePBX or any settings in the provider. Any ideas what’s wrong?

Thanks,
Bill

When Cox “upgraded” my router the last time, they also changed my “long time but dynamic” IP address. I’d start there. Make sure the external address you are currently using is still your external address.

Your ITSP should have your new address in their configuration. Have you checked that?

Did TWC install a router that blocks SIP? If so (and they can, the thieving bastards) you may need to set up a different incoming port for your ITSP.

Did you “unblock” the incoming ports in the built-in firewall in the router? Most routers these days apply a “deny all” rule and force you to selectively open incoming ports. Remember, most of the people that have home connections don’t have incoming services, so a “deny all” rule makes perfect sense in 99% of the customer situations.

You might end up having to set up a “DMZ” in this router if it can’t be coerced into allowing incoming traffic into the larger LAN.

Assuming you are using a SIP Trunk and not POTS for calls… Do you need to update your new Time Warner IP with your provider, if they use IP auth instead of registration for SIP calls?

I’ve never had a static IP. My IP would change every few months or so with my old ISP and it was never a problem. I don’t use IP auth with my provider (I don’t have to give them my IP address).

Since you’re using a dynamic address and user/pass auth, the problem is probably in your router. If you can’t see the traffic at your Ethernet port, it’s got to be your ISP or your router.