Abnormal Call Notification just started working!

That’s what was written originally. No idea why it said it! The important thing is that it’s fixed so it does only send an email daily, ONLY IF YOU TURN IT ON.

It’ll also hit you with alerts if you exceed the thresholds, and it’ll probably be worth waiting to see what happens with that and how people want to handle it.

I agree that 100% (or even 300%) increase is not sufficient. For a server that only does an hour or less of calling a day one long phone call can easily represent a huge increase.

And even for a large call center making thousands of calls a day (somewhat consistently) I think increments of 10% are way too small.

Otherwise, I think it’s a pretty nice addition.

Previously, emails from this module were not playing nicely with my email system.
Relevant headers as follows :
Subject: Daily call volume report for pbx.lan*
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 499:abnormal.php
Message-Id: [email protected]

Simple problem appears to be the From stanza. There’s no originating email address between the <>.
Might be an opportunity for improvement while you’re working on this module.
Cheers

Yep, I already fixed that, I noticed it in the report in the bug tracker.

If there’s no email address set in notifications, it now comes from [email protected] :sunglasses:

I gotta say the support from you guys is superb.
There’s also a minor insect that I put into bugtracker a short time ago, that appears already been fixed too (in Ver 13).
Now I just need to find a suitable commercial module to purchase, and express gratitude with hard currency. :smile:
Cheers

1 Like

Maybe I wrote too soon !

Since upgrading to latest SysAdmin module 12.0.30.4 today, I’ve again started receiving these “Daily” emails, at the top of every hour.
TIA’s for any clues for how to stop these unwanted emails.
I’ve tried System Admin, Abnormal Call Volume, Send Daily Email = No, Submit.
But they keep coming !

It’s only been an hour since I updated to 12.0.30.4, also I have set the thresholds to 20% - I have not seen an email at 0900 BST - other than disabling-the-email-alert way, what are your thresholds @bgroper?

Using 10 in all % thresholds.
I’ll shove 'em all up to 300 and see wot happens at top of next hour.
BUT I’ve selected “No”, so why do I get any email at all ?
Also, after clicking at Submit, there’s no red Apply button appearing at top of screen. Is this normal ?

Same here and to every setting in System Admin apparently.

I run the FreePBX distro, apparently, there were other updates along not just System Admin (and on one of them the changelog said something about only one cron job running). Care to check ?

Yes. That only appears with dial plan modifications

I did a bunch of fixes to scheduled jobs as part of the testing for 13, and most of them were using cron incorrectly. As part of that testing I discovered that this was broken!

:slight_smile: thanks Rob.
While you’re looking,
where does the ACV detector get the data from ?
Because up until the update to .4, the email stated

Total daily call duration on a week day (average last 30 days): 2 minutes. Total call duration for last 24 hours: minutes. Percent change: -100%

Total oubound calls on a week day (average last 30 days): 2. Total outbound calls last 24 hours: 0. Percent change: -100%

(and same figures for ‘international’ calls so truncated)

whereas my cdr report for last day (more or less) with disposition ‘answered’ had

Total Calls: 28 / Max Calls: 28 / Total Duration: 69:03

?

ps -ale | grep cron

Yes, 2 instances of crond detected.
sudo service crond restart seems to clear this up.
Dunno how that happened. Normal ?

Been slightly confused by the language “Abnormal Call Volume”.
None of our users said their calls were too loud or soft, ie audio volume.
In our realm, we refer to number of calls as “call traffic” or “call frequency”.
:smiley:

Dunno :slight_smile: 'tis more a question to @xrobau or to @distrodevelopers :wink: probably.

After further investigation, I’ve actually totally removed it for the moment. We’re kinda focused on 13 at the moment, and this could easily suck me away for a couple of days.

I’ll come back to it after 13 is out, and the issue referencing it is http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-9736 so if anyone wants to ‘follow’ it, they’ll get email alerts when things happen.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded a system from V2.11 to V13 and I don’t find this module in System Admin - has it been removed ? I’m also not seeing it when checking all online modules and even checked System Admin Pro (https://www.freepbx.org/sysadmin-pro/) - but did not find it.

This was removed. It never worked correct and have not found time to work on it with other priorites.

Would be nice to have a module that can alert an email when international calls are placed or even a high number of calls… Please consider bringing it back.

1 Like

Consider posting it here as they are building now FreePBX version 15. What would you like to see added in FreePBX 15?

Or file a feature request issues.freepbx.org