AASTRA 6730i - Key tones don't work

I don’t see anything about “OUT OF BAND” option in the basefile.

Is this something I must add?

Correct, you must add to override the default setting. If you browse to the phone GUI, troubleshooting, you will see and option to download the local config. If you examine that file, you will see a line that looks like this:

sip out-of-band dtmf: 0

You want to edit your phone basefile with this setting, by adding the parameter “sip out-of-band dtmf” and a value of “0” (no quotes). Save changes and rebuild config.

1 Like

You really should not be using out-of-band. RFC2833 is what we use with all phones and I just tested on my 6731 and it works fine. It really seems either something with your firmware or the phone itself has a issue.

Well I don’t think I’m using it anymore… like I said above what I did to fix my problem was to uncheck the Out-of-band box, then set mode to SIP info.

Now I want to do know how to set that from the EndPoint Manager.

so anyone knows what setting in the basefile is related to this?

I already noted above how to do this. Settings, Endpoint Manager, Basefile Edit, Select the template you want to change, Select the phone model, Add Entry, and the parameter and value are as noted above. Save, rebuild config and restart phone.

Hi lgaetz,

Sorry for that.

When I go in
Settings > Endpoint Manager > Basefile edit
I select the Aastra 6739i

I don’t see anything like that (sip out-of-band dtmf: 0)

The reason you don’t see anything is because it is not there. You have to manually add the parameter with the “Add Entry” button.

I downgraded the firmware to 1.02 on older Aastra phones 6731i/6757 having the same problem. Fixes it every time.

Thank you so much Igaetz

I did the following as instructed:

CloudApp

and it worked.

1 Like

One more “partially” related question, if I may:

Using EPM, how can I install a FRENCH language pack on my AASTRA 6730i phones and make this language by default, so everything is provisioned?

Thanks!