3 POTS Lines Question (Fixed)

Hi all,

I have 3 POTS lines going into my OpenVox 4 port card. I’ve got incoming and outgoing calls working on 1 line, but can’t get any of the other lines working. If I try to make another outgoing call, it just sits there and won’t try another port. I know it is something silly I’m missing but I can’t think what it is. Any help greatly appreciated!

There should be one way to put all the lines in a group like dahdi.

I’m trying to understand how to do that in dahdi, have been reading the Wiki…

My dahdi config is set up as follows:

Port 1 Settings:
Signaling: Kewl Start
Group: 1
Context: from-analog

Port 2 Settings:
Group: 2

Port 3 Settings:
Group: 3

Port 4 Settings:
Group: 4

I can’t make out wether the groups should be all the same or all different. There is one line we don’t want to automatically dial out on, but would like to select it manually as it is not a customer facing number, it is for our technicians only.

Am I looking in the right places?!

Cheers,
Adam

All of our POTS are in Group 1

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for replying, I’ve actually just upgraded to version 12 this morning, and during that time I decided to try putting another port in group 1.

I can’t test that until a little later today when people in the office get off the phones!! (We are running analogue phones for the main lines and testing FreePBX on the other line until I work out how to get dialing out on all lines somehow.)

All I’d need to do then is get the rest of the system (i.e. phones configured properly and some form of XML directory etc etc) Quite exciting haha!

Does anyone know how I’d be able to limit one of the ports to not dial out unless specifically required?

Regards
Adam

Incidently @jturner did you have to set up anything else with regards to the POTS lines? How does your system work?

My main reason for installing was that we have wanted for years to be able to transfer calls between the two incoming lines on our number, only to be told it was impossible without changing the line config and installing a PBX by the various companies we have spoken to. These “PBX” systems were in the region of £5000 with extra charges all over the place. Searching for second hand exchanges became my next port of call on and off over the next few years. During this time we started using cordless phones to avoid passing handsets across desks. Then I came across FreePBX and decided to have a go. With a budget of zero, I spent my own cash buying the parts as and when I had some spare money, now it looks like it’ll be implemented as soon as I can get the 3 lines working together.

Now all three lines are working on inbound calls, setting all the ports to group 1. I did have one line not ringing, but that turned out to be a cable issue where the pinouts were wrong at the card end.